The UK Blog Awards (‘UKBA’, ‘We’ or ‘Us’) take data protection very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller and Our place of business is 29 Kempton Drive, Barleythorpe, Oakham, LE15 7QL.
This policy (together with Our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in either document) explains how We collect, use and handle any personal information We collect from you when you use Our website at wwww.blogawardsuk.co.uk (our ‘Site’) and Our mobile app (our ‘App’), both of which together We call Our ‘Services’.
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting the Site or the App or using Our Services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give Us information about you or relating to you:
- if you register to become a user of Our Services;
- if you send Us a message through Our Services or correspond with Us by telephone in writing or otherwise;
- as you visit web pages on Our Website;
- if you subscribe to one of Our Services;
- participate in a discussion board or other social media functions on Our Services;
- if you enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- if you report a problem to us; and
- from any of your activities in connection with your use of Our Services.
Before you can access and use all of Our Service’s features and services, you must register to become a user of Our Services.
To register, We ask that you provide Us with certain personal information, which will generally include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, profile picture and personal website (each to allow Us to customise your experience), a username and a password created by you. You may also elect to upload materials to your profile that include personal information. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you do not want to be publically available.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Services, We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, your ISP and/or mobile carrier, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your location (if you are accessing the Services from a mobile device (note that most mobile devices will allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us));
- information about your visits, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) to, through and from which you access Our Service (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to contact us.
Information We receive from other sources.
- Others may post, write about and ‘tag’ you, or link to your profile through the Services (known as ‘following’).
- You and others may post content that includes information about you on Our Services.
- Customers and partners may provide data to us.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. At present these services are:
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google GSuite
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to create, personalise, provide support and maintain your user account and profile for Our Services and to provide you with various services and with adverts that are more relevant and useful to you;
- to send you information about your account, the facilities We or Our related companies provide or changes or upgrades that We make to those facilities;
- to authenticate you and authorise access to Our Services;
- to alert you of relevant opportunities and activities (including, without limitation, jobs, opportunities, content and notifications (for example, if another user is following your profile));
- to allow you to stay in touch, in communication and up to date with contacts, collaborators and clients. To do so, you can find and ‘follow’ the professionals you choose;
- to suggest ‘follows’ or ‘tags’ for you and others;
- to allow you to seek out and be found for blogging opportunities;
- to serve you bespoke adverts;
- where appropriate:
- to promote to you, and enable you to enter, competitions (for example to participate in ‘masterclasses’ that We or Our third party partners may put on);
- to send you emails that contain promotions on behalf of our third party partners, including, the following sectors:
- Green & Eco
- PR, Marketing & Comms
- Toiletries & Cosmetics
- Apparel & Accessories
- Food & Food Products
- Home Furnishings & Supplies
- Media & Advertising
- Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
- Technology & Software
- Public Transportation, Hotels & Resorts
- Memberships and subscriptions
- to send you newsletters (possibly including adverts) which you may either elect to receive or may be interested in given your user account and/or profile and/to provide you with any other information or services you request that We provide.
We do not store credit card details.
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches.
ADVERTISING AND COOKIES
We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixels, ad tags, and device identifiers) to identify information about your web browser session and personalisation data each time you visit and use Our Services. A ‘cookie’ is a small data file that will be stored by your web browser when you access Our Services. These cookies do not contain any of your personal information such as name or email, the information stored in the cookie will only identify you to The UK Blog Awards. Cookies can be used to enhance your use of Our Services, as We use them to help personalise Our delivery of services and material to you, such as information which is most relevant to your profile and interests.
You can set up your browser so that it does not accept Our cookies. You can also manually delete Our cookies from your browser. However, you will not be able to login to Our Services without cookies being enabled on your browser. When browsing without logging in, some features may not behave as intended when cookies are not accepted.
Cookies from other entities – ‘third party’ cookies – may also be set on your devices.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use others to help provide Our Services (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Services;
- to Our related companies;
- to Our professional advisors;
- to law enforcement authorities, if We suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
If you enter the UK Blog Awards or apply for an opportunity that is advertised via Our Website, We will provide your contact details to the person or company advertising that opportunity.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor Our systems and Services for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, We cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to know what personal information We hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact Us in relation to your personal information, please do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of 25 May 2018, these rights will be replaced by their equivalents in the “GDPR” section immediately below.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
This GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018 and as of that date you will have the rights set out in this section. You may be able to exercise some of these rights directly through the functionality We provide on Our Website. Alternatively, or where that is not possible, or if you wish to ask a question about your rights, please contact Us on email@example.com
You shall have the right, in accordance with the GDPR, to obtain from Us the following:
- Right of confirmation
Confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed.
- Right of access
Free information about the personal data We store about you at any time and to receive a copy of it.
- Right to rectification
Rectification without undue delay of inaccurate personal data about you.
- Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
The erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, subject to Our legal rights and obligations to retain the same.
- Right of restriction of processing
Restriction of processing where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period while We verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request that it be restricted instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but do require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and
- you do not agree with Our assessment that the processing is permitted for Our “legitimate interests”, for a period while verification is carried out as to whether those interests override your own interests.
- Right to data portability
You shall have the right to have the personal data concerning you, which was provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another entity (to the extent that such data was processed by Us on the basis of consent or because it such processing was necessary for the performance of a contract).
Additionally, you will have the following rights:
- Right to object
- to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Our legitimate interests. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions;
- to object to Our processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affects you.