#Bloghour this week is a topic that was suggested by the amazing Ruth from @Ruthinrevolt. We want to explore what makes you special…what is a bloggers’ USP?
Ruth suggested we talk about, “The importance of not getting caught up in what everyone else is doing and being true to yourself. All bloggers compare themselves to each other so I think a discussion on what makes us unique and what we can bring that no one else can would be good.“
We agree Ruth!
For any business, your USP is crucial, it’s what makes you stand out from the crowd, it’s your differentiator and it’s what makes your customers come back again and again…is it the same for a blogger?
Oh an by the way, you don’t need to know the answer…that’s not really what we’re looking for here. What we want is to understand how you feel about this topic, have you thought about it at all? Maybe you’re struggling with it and need some support to figure it out! It’s all good in our book, as always, our #bloghours are here to help you navigate this crazy world of being a content creator to ultimately achieve your goals!
We love what Copyblogger had to say about your blogging USP:
‘Remember that content consumers don’t go to just one blog, subscribe to just one site, or buy just one product. They want anything and everything about the topic they love.
That means your USP doesn’t have to beat everyone else out. It simply has to appeal to your target audience.’
At the end of the day, figuring out your USP is basically answering one fundamental question: Why you?
Why should someone read your blog?…..it’s a tough one, but it’s kind of important. So let’s dive into our questions shall we? Hopefully some of these will actually help you figure out the answer to the above too!
- When you started your blog did you have a ‘raison d’être‘ for it? (raison d’être: the most important reason or purpose for someone or something’s existence.) #bloghour
- Have you found that your raison d’etre has been easy to commit to and deliver on? #bloghour
- Do you think your content has changed from what you initially intended it to be about? #Bloghour
- If you answered YES then why do you think this change has occured? If NO then do you think this is a good thing and is it working for you? #Bloghour
- What’s your number 1 objective when you write your content? (Is it to empower, educate, encourage, make someone laugh etc.) #Bloghour
- If you could be a fly on the wall and hear what your biggest fan had to say about your blog – what would you want them to say? #Bloghour
Those are the questions, we can’t wait to see you tonight at 9pm over on our Twitter feed.